It’s the 21st century and folks actually strive to be influencers, which still confuses me to my core. To be an influencer I feel like you need to have something to show for it and a story to tell- whether it’s that you overcame certain challenges, lead an activist group for a good cause, or even having an awe-inspiring Transformation Tuesday. The influencers that people look up to are going to be different for everyone, but I’m going to share my list because these are some bada** people who motivate and educate.
5. Suzie B Fitness – There are about five fitness accounts that I’ve been following for the last couple years, and this is one that I never get tired of. I love her fitness clothing style, that she does videos for 90% of her IG feed, and is overall a genuine person. She is honest about her struggles with anxiety, which is something I and many others can relate to. I bought her leg/booty plan available online. Although I didn’t actually use it as a set plan, it was a nice guide to go off of and I learned some new workouts.
4. Gary Vee (Vaynerchuk) – The entrepreneur that caters to millennials and is all about content. If he’s not posting a new Facebook video, it’s a YouTube video, or a podcast, or a Spotify playlist, or an IG live…you get it. Besides the infinite amount of content that Gary V. puts out there, you also get some valuable tips on owning or starting a business. He preaches that everything you want to succeed in, takes hard work, resilience, and patience. Check out the #Askgaryvee show.
3. Sophia Amorouso – Despite the headlines that take a harsh side on her life events, she has done some inspiring work. She’s a talented writer, CEO, and podcast host, and my favorite quality is how unapologetic she is. One of the reasons I’m drawn to her as an “influencer” is that I relate to her as a introverted, sarcastic, and entrepreneur-minded individual.
2. Aggie Lal aka @Travel_inhershoes – She is my spirit animal when it comes to traveling. As you can tell from my blog, I’m a travel-admirer and adventure seeker. Aggie shows her “tribe” so many beautiful corners of the world. I appreciate how she’s so genuine and real about the fact that it took a lot of time and work to be able to travel as much as she is able to. She is a huge advocate for learning about local culture and promoting good vibes within her following.
1. Andy Frisella aka The MFCEO – I’ve been listening to Andy’s podcast for a little over a year now. I can say without a doubt, I would not be as driven as I am now without listening to the MFCEO Project. It doesn’t even matter if you’re not trying to own your own business, he teaches so many valuable life lessons in his podcast that will make you mentally stronger, more tenacious, and a better leader. One of the most valuable lessons I’ve learned in this podcast is how to create success into a habit. If you’re looking for an episode to start with, go with #0202. I prefer the longer form podcasts he does, but this one is the perfect episode to know if you like his podcasting style. If you don’t like the F-bomb, this isn’t for you. There you have it- my current top influencers. They relate to the three most important goals in my life right now, which in short has to do with fitness, travel, and entrepreneurship.